Monday, February 3, 2014

The Diary- Hiking Mt. Gading

5.00 am
 woke up to the sound of Moon cling-clang-ing the eating utensils. Immediately, sit up straight. 
"It's still early, go back to sleep, I'm just going to give this stuff to the boys."
oh yeah. right. The boys are going to cook the food we are going to bring for this hiking. Maybe they need them to put the food in. The containers obviously, not the spoons and forks. 
 "go back to sleep...there's still time left for you to shut your eyes"
upon hearing that, I lay down and drift off to sleep. The air was oddly hot.
5.45 am
still closing my eyes, I heard the sound Moon made when she entered the room. It's the sound she usually made when she just had her shower. woke up and the light was on, squinted , my small eyes can't take that much amount of light after a long dark hours. I tried to find my towel and my kain sarung. They were hanging in my chair, their usual spot for drying.
Bathed myself with the freaking ice cold water. The journey between the toilets and my room is a torture when you just took a bath, I walked quickly and rushed back to my room. 
"It's hot isn't it?"
Brrrr. What did she said? I can't hear her with this state I'm in- coldness. Quickly, I put my clothes on. after some time, I started to feel the warmness. Oh... It's really is hot isn't it? 
7.30 am

Something was up but I don't know what, hence, the journey was delayed for 30 minutes - ish. 
8.45 am - ish
 start our journey with prayer. Was waiting for warming up session, but they didn't show any sign of going to do one. So I did my own mini stretching leg warm up. hiyah hiyah
9.15 am
 Reached the "Waterfall 3" which was quite misleading because it's the 2nd waterfall you'll stumble upon if you are hiking Mt. Gading. 
Kept saying " just a little bit more guys" to  Moon, Ain and some other pals who looked worn out by the steep trail.
10 am - ish
 Nik and I, reached the mini cave with what looked like a buddha figurine sitting on a rock and some oranges or tangerines offering. there were some people from the other group catching their breath. 
I should cross over this small stream, I thought to myself. oh shoot, giant centipede. made a girly ah, no one paid attention or maybe they don't want me to be self-conscious with that mini drama of my own.
some as- I mean dude saw that giant centipede and made as scene.
"hey look at this, oh my god, look at its colorful legs.." 
bla bla bla bla "choooo chooo motherfucker"  
"I watched a movie about giant animals in island lepas tu ada toxic waste meh and the animal wah so big like a house, pretty scary movie" 
you are not even Chinese.
watch your language man. there is a white man with you and he didn't even utter a single cussing word in his language. you are not that funny or that oh I'm so modern with my cussing, I'm so cool, or that you speak proper English. no. so just shut up.


11.15
 reached waterfall 7. Moon and Ain gave up, so that means I'm the only girl left in reaching the summit of Mt. Gading. I have to reached the summit. I have to.
"hurry dell" and Abe ran up to the trail.
I'll be dead trying to walk (run) at the same pace with these guys. oh what the hell.
1.45
so, this is the summit huh?
finally



this was their "we did it" pose. notice the foggy background. macam di kundasang

a seflie was a must


 2.15
went back to waterfall 7.looked back at the trail we took. It was that steep?

3.25 - ish
them praying on a rock. had to take turn, twas not a large rock.

lay down on a rock and listened to the very relaxing sound of gushing waterfall


 4.15
Moon was so excited to get back to the main park, she jumped up and down the rocks like some shinobis.

5.45
reached the main park. lay down on the road, didn't care if anybody found me weird. I was a total burnout.
rode back home happily, looked back to the mountain, literally bid goodbye quietly. stupid melancholic heart. haha

No comments: